[dev] Introduction, questions and future dev plan

Joel Vandal jvandal@subi.to
Wed Oct 30 13:21:49 2002

Bonjour Etienne,

> We start installing IMP to client a few months ago and it seems that I
> became the local IMP/Horde expert.  On request from client, I did a few
> modification (gross hack would be a more appropriate term ;).  I mostly
> worked on Turba but also a bit on IMP.  Since my modification basically
> locked my client in IMP 3.0, I would like to clean them up a bit, submit
> them for inclusion and hopefully have them integrated.

Cool, more people from Quebec (prov.) :) I like it ;)  A few month ago, I've
send a patch for multiuser/shared system for Horde  and after a few rewrite
by some horde developper, it's currently used in a few modules (kronolith,
nag, mnemo, ...?) but when I will have more spare time, I will continue to
fix bug on it and finish/submit my code for Gollem Shared Folder, etc...

> Since this is the first project I plan on contributing to, I am a little
> unfamiliar with producing and submitting patch.  It seem that patch as
> attachment may not get thru so they must be inlined; is that correct ?
> What option shall I use with diff to produce my patch ?

I think that a section about "submitting" patch exist in the docs/ directory
of Horde (HACKING/CONTRIBUTING/...) But leak some information about
"creating" the patch. (man cvs, man diff, etc...) :((

--
Joel Vandal
Infoteck Internet / Trois-Rivieres, QC