[dev] New to GNU

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu Nov 7 23:35:40 2002

Quoting Rob Millerd <rmillerd@rmsm.net>:

> I'm relatively new to developing under the GNU and have a question about
> what I'd like to do.  So here I go.  I've been developing a proprietary
> program that we are going to use to provide a web service to general
> contractors.  We are going to charge a monthly fee for the service but
> never distribute the software.

Distribution is the key. If you are not distributing, you aren't required to
do anything.

We would of course appreciate it if you include appropriate credits
somewhere reasonable, and contribute back any
improvements/bugfixes/additions you make, but there is no legal requirement
to do so.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."