[dev] S/MIME verification

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon Nov 18 18:45:59 2002

I just looked back at the archives but couldn't find any useful hint.
Did anyone ever succeed in verifying an s/mime signed message?

Verification of the message itself does actually work, but the senders cert
can never be verified.

I tried to put my openssl distribution's certs directory as well as
mod_ssl's ca-bundle.crt file into $conf['utils']['openssl_cafile']. Both
seem to work, at least I don't get an error message, but the cert still
won't be verified. The test message I used has a Thawte Freemail cert so
this should be available.

I also tried to remove the PKCS7_DETACHED constant in
Horde_Crypt_smime::verify() because reading the openssl ext documentation it
didn't make any sense to me inside a verify call.

Jan.