[dev] Category issue w/HEAD between Dec 4 23:59 GMT and Dec 5 11:59 GMT.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Dec 8 19:35:04 2002

 | Quoting eculp@encontacto.net:
 |
 | > I have tried three clean head installations on different platforms with
 | > the following significant problems.
 | >   Trying to create a subgroup in horde administration I see the
 | > following:
 | >     'TEST' was not created: DB Error: constraint violation.
 |
 | You need to figure out what that contraint violation _is_. I just added
 | somewhat more rigourous error logging to the SQL categories driver; that may
 | help you track this down.
Chuck,

The messages didn't tell me more and I have been only been able to locate
constraint violations in ldap, msql, but nothing that I can apply here
especially without really understanding the problem.

I'm sure it started with the commits to Category.php and Category/db.php
on Dec. 5.

Just for the list archives, this is with mysql-3.23.53 client and server.
I have temporarily given up on this and compiled a new php with postgres
and switched and it seems to work fine. Didn't change anything except
two configuration lines in conf.php.  I'm only using sql for categories
on this machine for now.

< break for a short final test>

I just tested shared calendars, tasks and notes using mysql as their container
but with pgsql as the container for prefs and they seem to work perfectly but
not with mysql.

One more test to be sure that the problem is with mysql and categories
somehow before I change everything to pgsql.

Hopefully no one else will run across this.

Thanks very much for you help,

ed