[dev] Re: [sork] passwd mysql problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 12 11:25:48 PST 2002

Quoting Ilya <mail@krel.org>:

> the only thing i found is that if in Registry the module is hidden (i want
> Passwd show up under Accounts, so I hid it in main menu), the Configuration
> does not work. It comes up with blank window.
> But as soon as I change it to active - its fine.

Interesting.  I'm not sure what the intent is for the configuration (setup)
script when the module isn't "active".

It seems that until it is configured it might be desirable to make the
unconfigured modules as "hidden" or "inactive" or something user's don't
see the unconfigured item in the menus, so I can see a case here for
showing hidden/inactive items in the configuration menu.

On the other hand, the registry ships with all apps in it, usually inactive,
so maybe showing the inactive modules would just clutter things and cause
confusion for people (why is it showing all these things I don't want and
didn't install???).

So maybe show hidden, but not inactive?  Or not?  What do the others think?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!