[dev] MIMP/Horde login questions

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 13 00:17:26 PST 2002

I downloaded and installed mimp into my existing Horde (CVS HEAD from
several months back, upgraded with the Mobile stuff).  The existing
Horde setup uses IMP for Horde authentication.

So when I go to mimp,  it see's I'm not logged in, goes to Horde, which goes
to IMP, which returns back to Horde, which returns back to mimp.

Anyway, after a few changes I made to get it to run, it actually works
on my wap emulator (My Wireless Companion from yourwap.com), which is kind
of surprising and cool...

However, it doesn't work with my actual cell phone.  I get an "html conversion"
error (may not be exact error...) becuase the "deck is too large".  This is
of course coming from Horde/IMP, not from MIMP...

Now, I guess I could have a separate Horde install just for mimp, which
I could customize to authenticate via imap rather than IMP, and not
return the Horde frameset and menus, etc.  But, I'd rather not do that if
I could avoid it -- who wants two Horde installs?

So the question is, how can I go about modifying/configuring Horde so it
recognizes the wap/wml/etc connections, and acts appropriately for them?
Any work done on this at all, or does it need to be started from scratch?
Or am I just way off base here?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics