[dev] Re: [mimp]MIMP/Horde login questions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Dec 13 09:03:58 PST 2002

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> So the question is, how can I go about modifying/configuring Horde so it
> recognizes the wap/wml/etc connections, and acts appropriately for them?
> Any work done on this at all, or does it need to be started from scratch?
> Or am I just way off base here?

Not at all - you're just missing a poorly documented trick. ;)

This is a simplified version of my auth configuration in horde/config/conf.php:

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'composite';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array(
    'drivers' => array('imp' => array('driver' => 'application',
                                      'params' => array('app' => 'imp')),
                       'mimp' => array('driver' => 'application',
                                       'params' => array('app' => 'mimp')),
    'loginscreen_switch' => '_horde_select_loginscreen',
);

if (!function_exists('_horde_select_loginscreen')) {
    function _horde_select_loginscreen()
    {
        require_once HORDE_BASE . '/lib/Browser.php';
        $browser = &new Browser();
        if ($browser->isMobile()) {
            return 'mimp';
        }
        return 'imp';
    }
}

(yes, that's simplified; there are two other drivers in my real one <g>).

Basically, I use the isMobile check in Browser.php to decide whether or not
to return IMP or MIMP for authentication. That make sense/help?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."