[dev] Is there documentation for Group and Permissions Administration?

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Dec 13 06:27:21 PST 2002

 | Quoting eculp@encontacto.net:
 |
 | > Is there any documentation that would explain the basic utilization and
 | > application of/for Group Administration, Permissions Administration and
 | > individual shared resources permissions.  I have thought that they were
 | > interrelated but even after the latest changes, and a lot of testing,
 | > I can only really control shared services by using individual users.
 | > I have not been able to get groups of users to produce equivalent
 | > results.
 |
 | Can you be more explicit (screenshots, maybe, or var_dumps()?) about what
 | you're trying and what isn't working? Are you sure that people are members
 | of the group you're using? Etc...
Chuck,

I'll work on this over the weekend and try to sort it out.  If I can't, I'll
do the screenshots, sounds like a good idea.   Adding individual users works
great and I only have about 15 users on this test machine so it isn't a big
problem.  BTW, I would like to confirm specifically that

  o- I should be able to add a group created in Admin/add sub-group to the
     Edit permissions for 'Shared', give them show/read/edit/delete
     permissions, leave 'Default Permissions' empty and they should
     have full access to the shared resource.  Is that true?

  o- Who do the Default Permissions affect?

I think/hope that those are my two issues.

Thanks,

ed

Thanks,

ed