[dev] Re: s/mime patches

Mike Cochrane mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Wed Dec 18 02:12:45 PST 2002

> ----- Message from slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu ---------
>       To: Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>
>
> Quoting Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:
>
> | I've also added more to SMIME.php to support the management of the
> | additional
> | signing certs, but I'll wait until you've made your edits (it's getting a
> | bit confusing keeping up and making the correct edits).
>
> OK.  The basic framework for S/MIME composition is now setup.  However, I
> now see your issues when it comes to the openssl_pkcs7_sign() function.
> Simply put - I am not willing to use that function (or the other pkcs7
> functions) to create the S/MIME parts.  Using those functions completely
> eliminates using the MIME_Part functionality, not to mention IMP_Header::
> functionality, etc.  This would cause us to set up two different regimes in
> compose.php to handle the two different cases (S/MIME messages vs.
> everything else) and that is not acceptable - considering that the single
> regime is not currently 100% foolproof!

I have just committed something now. I have tested it sending to mozilla in all
three modes without a problem.

At the moment there is more code then there should be in the compose.php, needs
to be moved out into other clases but i wanted to get it in there before someone
else duplicated it.

- Mike :-)