[dev] admintoolbar option in registery.php

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at riboflavin.net
Thu Dec 19 13:15:26 PST 2002

I would like to have an application or two that are available only to
admins, but we don't have Auth available and processed when we load the
registry so I can't just put PHP logic in the registry.php file like I
would in other configuration files.

The cheap and dirty work-around would be to have a status='admin' or
similar in the status section.  Otherwise things get MUCH more
complicated because we would need to go to the perms system and
implement the feature people have been asking for for quite a while now,
user-based access to modules.

Is the permission system to the point we're ready to consider such a
thing in the registry code (guest access could move there too), or
should we do another status entry for now (or another setting)?

--
Marcus I. Ryan, marcus@riboflavin.net