[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php message.php imp/docs CHANGES imp/templates/message navbar.inc

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 6 07:03:53 PST 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Maybe my log message wasn't good.

Yes, that was the problem.  I wanted to make sure it was the log message
that was wrong, and not the changes.  I assumed that to be the case, but
wanted to make sure.

> The patch (at least what I can tell from
> looking at the code) only makes a difference when BOTH the List-Post Header
> exists _and_ the Reply-To Header contains the same address.  Previously,

That is what is desired.

> both the Reply and Reply to List buttons would open a window to reply to the
> list.  Chris pointed out that this doesn't make much sense - Now, in this
> situation (and this situation only), the  Reply button will reply to the
> poster of the message while the Reply to List button will reply to the list
> itself.

Correct.

> Essentially, the "Reply" link should never end up replying to the
> actual list.

This is the part that is worded poorly.  If the list doesn't have the proper
headers, then the "reply to list" can not be built.  In this case, it may
very well have "Reply" go back to the list.

> Hope that clarifies it.

Yes, thanks!

--
Eric Rostetter