[dev] Menus with icons...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 9 09:16:55 PST 2003

Quoting "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mikejp at videotron.ca>:

> What I'm hearing from them is they like their icons. So I added the
> icons.
>
> Take a look at: http://www.mikeathome.net:8080/horde/menutest/

This is looking a lot nicer now (works for me in Mozilla, though there are a
few frameset target issues where I get the left frame twice). I agree with
some of the concerns posed by Mike & Jan. I'm wary of making it a user
preference depending on how big the changes are; I can see it becoming easy
to break whichever view one isn't using.

And it'd be nice to have a non-DHTML solution to this, if not as a default,
then as a fallback. But I'm intrigued, and it's getting better. If you can
send some clean patches to the list, we can start looking at making it a
preference and addressing translation concerns.

> Chuck...  Do you want me to go ahead with this?
> If so make the mods and send you diffs?

It's not just my decision.

-chuck

--