[dev] Menus with icons...

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 9 11:04:11 PST 2003

Thanks for the feeback Rick.
Actually that could be pretty cool also.

Have the groups on the bottom like it is.
You click on a group and it pushes over the other ones and show the sub-categories.
Kind of like what someone was talking about with the Visio menus

Let me play with that.

I'll come up with a new version.
The hard part will be to figure out what browser support colum divisions..  :-)

Mike

>It looks like a great idea. I was thinking; when you click on a menu item,
>a sub
>menu appears (the ability of an admin to choose which apps go on which
>sub-menu
>would be a real plus). When you click on a second item, its sub-menu
>appears. If
>the first sub-menu collapsed when the second item was clicked, that would
>save a
>lot of room.
>
>You might even implement it horizontally along the bottom like the current
>menu
>is (if it's programmatically possible to have the menu expand
>horizontally). I
>prefer the menu at the bottom (or top) because it maximizes the available
>screen
>width for the application.

Cheers,
Mike