[dev] More on Menus.....

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 9 14:57:04 PST 2003

Thanks for the assistance in testing.

So now we have 3 examples of possible menus.

Sorry if I keep posting here about this...  But it's simply that it's something that affects everyone
so I think everyone should have a say in this. If it was just for a specific application I wouldn't
barrage the server with so much mail.

So here are the 3 possible styles that we have. Which one do you think should be implemented?

Style 1.

A left frame with categories and sub-menus.
Example can be seen at:
http://www.mikeathome.net:8080/horde/index.php
User: test
Pw: test2134

Style 2.

One Horde icon on the top left corner with menus that drop down from it.
Example can be seen at:
http://webmail.graftonhall.co.nz/horde/chora/

Style 3.

Leaving the menus where they are but simply have categories expand their submenus right.
Example can be seen at:
http://www.mikeathome.net:8080/horde/menu2/div.html

(In the long run this will have a space problem again but probably not for a while.)

Also, I feel comfortable writing the functions to build and output the menus and coming up with some specs to implement it. I am not comfortable in modifying any of Hordes classes and pages that would affect every other application. I haven't been around Horde long enough for that. So I was wondering if anyone wanted to share the task of implementing this.

Thanks,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike