[dev] More on Menus.....

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 9 21:59:58 PST 2003

Great, sure mail it to me...

Right now I'm hacking away inside of horde.
It's coming along pretty well. I'm doing the Style 3 menu at the momenrt, but that part of the code will be needed for any style.

Basically you simply add a menu_id (might change that name because it's not 100% clear) and parent_id (which is clear).
I do a custom sort on the params array and sort it so that in comes out in order and then output the code with the appropriate div id's and attributes.

As for choosing the style, I think I will leave that up to Chuck.

There have been several opinions and so far it's hard to say which style is in the lead.
I will leave my home server on until tomorrow so hopefully we will get some more.
(I need to take it down soon to add a BRAND NEW SureStore Tape Drive I just won on E-Bay for 170$!)

Thanks for the input and the code offer.

Mike

P.S. Just to pass on a tip that took me 20 minutes to figure out...
I you are playing in DHTML, don't assign a doctype to your file.
I couldn't figure out why certain stuff was not working when I plugged it into horde.
As soon as I gave it it's on common_header file with no doctype for now, everything was ok.

>to do all of this already (used
>it on a couple of sites), and could hack up a Horde menu in the similar
>to Style 2 that would function identically to the MS Windows Start menu,
>KDE K Menu, et. al..
>
>--
>Chris Shepherd
>
>"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
>-- Anonymous
>"Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Anonymous

Cheers,
Mike