[dev] More on Menus.....

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 10 00:04:00 PST 2003

Quoting "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mikejp at videotron.ca>:

> Style 1.
>
> A left frame with categories and sub-menus.
> Example can be seen at:
> http://www.mikeathome.net:8080/horde/index.php
> User: test
> Pw: test1234

I would prefer this one, except for the space it takes up. Even then, I lean
this way a little; we could even include context items in it fairly easily.

> Style 2.
>
> One Horde icon on the top left corner with menus that drop down from it.
> Example can be seen at:
> http://webmail.graftonhall.co.nz/horde/chora/

This is my next favorite.

> Style 3.
>
> Leaving the menus where they are but simply have categories expand their
> submenus right.
> Example can be seen at:
> http://www.mikeathome.net:8080/horde/menu2/div.html

This is my least favorite, though I'm conscious that it could be just
because I haven't seen a polished version of it (i.e., I'm open to being
convinced here). I worry about this being unituitive, also.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
must ... find ... acorns ... *thud*