[dev] Horde admin patches.

Chris Bowlby excalibur at hub.org
Mon Jan 13 09:38:44 PST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

The one catch with that is that anyone with admin can re-enable them via
the permissions system. The whole idea was to lock them out of being able
to do that, other wise I would have left them enabled. Each of our clients
get's access to the admin account, to be able to add/remove email accounts
(I'm not about to admin all the email accounts for all my clients, I've
got no time as it is :>). But, by enabling this in the permissions system,
any one with admin can re-enable the features.

> Quoting Chris Bowlby <excalibur at hub.org>:
>
> >  Had a need to disable the PHP Shell and SQL Shell options in the horde
> > administration menu, mainly for security reasons as people were
> > attempting
> > to execute SQL queries against the database and such. I thought that
> > having it as an option might be useful, so I made some changes and here's
> > the diff's.
>
> I can see the need, but I would rather get a patch to do this through the
> permissions system.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>