[dev] Data::imc should split on [\r\n], not just \n

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Mon Jan 13 20:45:03 PST 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 05:02:40PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
% > Also, I noticed that the newline character(s) are determined by
% > Data::getNewline(). This means that any event invitations sent by the
% > user will use the line terminator preferred by his host OS. Somehow this
% > doesn't seem right (what about the recipient's platform?), but I can't
% > think of a clean way to fix it.
%
% Well, it's right for cases when the user is exporting something to their own
% computer. And it's not really *worse* for other cases.

I was just thinking of situations where the recipient's parser might not
recognize alternate line endings. After giving it more thought, I'd probably
write that client off as buggy/broken.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o