[dev] Up2Date

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:23:04 PST 2003

Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

> Quoting Michael Pawlowsky <mjpawlowsky at yahoo.com>:
>
> As a start how about a local source tree (maybe only config/*.dist
> and db/driver/*.sql directories) that is updated and then
> compared to the "in use" version showing the changes with diff

How is that different than just doing a "cvs diff" command on them?

> then giving the options to ignore the changes, overwrite the old
> with the new or create a merged version with sdiff that can then
> be saved, erased or used to overwrite the original file.

That part sounds okay, except I wouldn't want to trust that on my
config files...  For the rest it sounds good.

> For those who use freebsd, it could be patterned after mergemaster.
>
> That should effect horde.org very little because we will still only
> do cvs once but in this case to our local repository.

Why not just do a CVS diff and save the results?  I can't see where a
cvs diff would be much more overhead than a cvs co or cvs update...  And
it would save local disk space.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics