[dev] New Menu Patches....

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 16 17:41:54 PST 2003

Quoting Michael Pawlowsky <mjpawlowsky at yahoo.com>:

> This is the first time I send something up, so lets
> hope I'm doing it ok.

Not bad. There were a bunch of style things I fixed, and even if the DOM
code isn't completely XHTML-compliant, you should stick to XHTML wherever
you can - <br />, lowercase tags/parameters, etc. Your spacing was pretty
erratic, too.

I changed the way that the ordering works, because I wanted it to be more
flexible/forgiving; having to keep track of numbers, and re-number
everything in a section if you want to flip two groups, seems like too much
work to me.

I also removed the conf option for now; you get the new menu if your browser
supports DOM, otherwise you get the old one. I'm open to switching
completely to the new one at some point, especially if we have a straight
HTML dump fallback if DOM isn't available.

You're going to have to create your own groups for now; I don't have time to
commit example ones to CVS yet.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>