[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Registry.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 19 18:50:32 PST 2003

> To be honest, I only reverted this because of the accounts application that
> has always been an application by itself and a container for other
> applications.

In the past, and even now in the released versions, it would be expendable.

But in the CVS HEAD branch, and as of last night being merged into the
CVS RELENG_2 branch, accounts now actually has a function.  So now it
really needs to be both a group entry and an application at the same time.

If this is the only case like this, I can rename things.  Make a group
called "My Account" and rename accounts from "My Account" to something
like "Account Summary" or "Account Info" or something.  Kind of a
shake up, but can be done without too much trouble.

> I don't know if it still makes sense to have this application with the new
> menu system. Eric?

Yes, it makes sense, but the recent changes have gone against it.  It
for example violates Chuck's assumption that expanding a menu should
never change the current page, since here it is both a group to expand
and an application in itself.

So, either the current menu system concept has to change, or sork has to
change.  Either can be done.  I'm open to either I suppose.  Just let
me know what the majority says and I'll code up the sork stuff to work
with it.

I'm hoping to merge sork down to releng, and cut a new release of some of
them when I get a chance -- in particular the accounts module itself.  So
the sooner we resolve this the better.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics