[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Registry.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jan 19 20:31:48 PST 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> If this is the only case like this, I can rename things.  Make a group
> called "My Account" and rename accounts from "My Account" to something
> like "Account Summary" or "Account Info" or something.  Kind of a
> shake up, but can be done without too much trouble.

That seems like the best course to me, but it's not just my decision...

> Yes, it makes sense, but the recent changes have gone against it.  It
> for example violates Chuck's assumption that expanding a menu should
> never change the current page, since here it is both a group to expand
> and an application in itself.

This is not an assumption on my part, so much as a violent reaction against
having something be both. I noticed it a few times when playing with the
code, and every time it happened I didn't quite expect it or didn't *want*
it; I *really* don't think that just expanding and (especially) contracting
the menu should change the page. I haven't anyone else really comment on
this, though.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>