[dev] status of imports

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 21 17:21:15 PST 2003

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Okay, well, I couldn't figure out why my csv imports were not working.
> > So I finally, way too late, tried a tsv import, and it worked fine.  So
> > I compared the two, and saw the csv was using PEAR's File/CSV stuff.  I
> > removed that, and now csv imports work fine.  So either the problem is
> > in PEAR, or in the way horde calls PEAR, or I have a bad PEAR.  But in
> > any case, my imports are working now, and I'm pretty happy, so I'm
> going
> > to bed.
>
> Sounds like something that others might run into as well - Jan, any idea
> about this? Can we work around this somehow?

The problem is that some CSV file are working better with fgetcsv(), some
with File_CSV. I used File_CSV during the rewrite and worked with every CSV
file I got my hands on. Especially with Outlook exports it seems work quite
well.

Eric, perhaps you can send me the file you had trouble with and I'll see
what I can do to fix the import.

Jan.