[dev] IMP customization - Need the menu.php3 to know who logged in : $imapuser variable needs to be passed..

Eric Robbins erobbins at westusa.com
Thu Jan 23 13:26:11 PST 2003

I am struggling with 2.2.6 version of IMP.

I need to build a menu link in menu.php3 based on the $imapuser variable
(persons username from the textbox) from login.php3.  Due to the frameset
that menu.php3 and login.php3 is in, menu.php3 does not have access to whom
$imapuser is.

My question, how do I construct a link in the menu.php3 that is:
dosomething.php3?imapuser=<?php echo($imapuser);?>&.... etc.

Do I have access to a session variable? If so, how would I access it?  Can I
pass it to menu.php3 from login.php3 even though login.php3 posts to
mailbox.php3?

Please advise.

Eric Robbins
Software Engineer