[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: jonah newsfeed.php

Marko marko at oblo.com
Sat Jan 25 05:02:37 PST 2003

> Quoting Marko <marko at oblo.com>:
>
> > great, you mind if i make a head start?... in particular, what do you
> > think of the Menu.php type of solution to get the menu displayed?
>
> Seems like an awful lot of duplicate code in different applications just for
> this,
to an extent yes, but haven't yet managed to think about streamlining it to a
horde-wide solution. plus still fiddling with it, finding out how each app has
slightly varying requirements...

 but I haven't looked closely at any of those implementations yet. I
> wasn't really planning on providing a Horde-style interface for this, for
> what it's worth. You'd get that through the regular Jonah channel feeds, or
> through  Giapeto linked in to a news source to display stories, or
> whatever...
don't know if i'd agree... but i'll play with it some more...

marko