[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: jonah/lib/Block color.php headlines.php news.php stocks.php weather.php

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Wed Jan 29 21:37:40 PST 2003

> Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:
>
> > Any chance of getting a block containing the old weather information?
>
> Chance? Sure. Not sure when I or someone else will get to it, but it'd be
> nice to let you switch between the two from the same weather block.

I thought it might be better as a seperate block; since the two weather sources
give different information, I thought someone might want to display both on the
same portal page.

This is a first attempt. I don't think the patches are ready to be applied; I
mostly just want Chuck and Mike (and anybody else who wants) to take a look at
them and offer input, but also wanted to keep the discussion on the list.

By way of explanation of some of the changes, Jonah::weather() gave me exactly
what I wanted for the portal block, except it added a header ("Weather"). I
pulled the code for the header out and added it to content.php. Note that it
also gets called in api.php (to build the summary), but since the summary page
isn't used any more, I didn't bother to change it. I could certainly make that
change if it were deemed necessary.

Also, please notice that weather.php is just a copy of stocks.php, so the top
comment lines (version number and date and time last modified) aren't correct. I
wasn't sure what to put there, though, so I leave it to whomever does the commit
when it's ready (assuming it gets committed sometime in the future) to make this
line correct. This file goes in jonah/lib/Block/

Please feel free to rip this apart; I prefer _constructive_ criticism, but am
pretty thick skinned and can take any kind of criticism.

I look forward to any comments,
Rick