[sork] Re: [dev] Password expiry

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 5 11:47:57 PST 2003

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Do you mean moving the actual password changing (backend) code out of
> > passwd and into Horde?  (I'm for that BTW).
>
> Yes.

Cool.

> > If so, can you also add the same for moving the QUOTA code out of
> > IMP/Accounts and into Horde also (I'm even more for that change).
>
> I don't know nearly as much about quotas; are the quotas that Accounts
> supports the same IMAP server ones that imp/lib/Quota reads?

Accounts uses (wants to use) the same code as imp/lib/Quota/ (whether
IMAP based or not -- there is a command line driven one also, etc).
So basically we have a doubling of code.

We need to either move the code to Horde, or provide an API to IMP so
other modules can obtain it via the API if IMP is available.

I'd prefer moving it to Horde, so that one doesn't have to have IMP
installed to get quota info.  Some places to use quota might be the Horde
summary screen, accounts, IMP, and gollem.  So you can see that would
lead to a lot of code duplication if we don't make this a Horde or API
call.

> You should have an account on dev.horde.org; if you don't, let me know and
> I'll add it. Please add a description of this one, and how you think Horde
> should support it, to the Horde Framework tasklist.

But I'm lazy... :(  (Yes, I do have an account)

Also, I'm not sure how best Horde would like to support it.  I'd like to
see it in Horde, but I think others prefered the API way.  I don't like
the API, as it makes other apps (gollem, accounts, etc) dependent on IMP
if they want to show a quota message...

Up for discussion :)

--
Eric Rostetter