[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Snoopy.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Feb 8 01:15:17 PST 2003

> chuck       2003/02/07 10:32:48 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     lib                  Snoopy.php
>   Log:
>   silence some errors. We *really* need a clean Horde request lib.

I just played a bit with HTTP_Request from Richard Hayes and it worked like
a charm. I even was able to do XMLRPC calls on a https server.

It's pretty clean, small and has a nice and simple API. Setting and getting
of cookies seems to be no problem so that we can use it in Klutz too. Or did
it need some other funky things from Snoopy?

The only problem might be that it adds more PEAR dependancies to Horde
(HTTP_Request and Net_URL. Net_Socket is already needed). As people get used
to installing PEAR packages, I don't see this much of a problem though.

Jan.