[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Snoopy.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 7 18:20:48 PST 2003

> I just played a bit with HTTP_Request from Richard Hayes and it worked like
> a charm. I even was able to do XMLRPC calls on a https server.

Being an all-ssl guy, that sounds fantastic!

> The only problem might be that it adds more PEAR dependancies to Horde
> (HTTP_Request and Net_URL. Net_Socket is already needed). As people get used
> to installing PEAR packages, I don't see this much of a problem though.

As long as it is documented, in test.php, and we make a pear tarball with it
for download on ftp.horde.org, then I have no problem with this.

To me, you either don't have pear, or you have problems with pear.  Since
I don't see Horde dropping pear, adding more pear modules won't really make
much difference.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics