[dev] stupid questions....

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 20 23:23:33 PST 2003

Quoting Amith Varghese <amith at xalan.com>:

> Here are a couple stupid questions that I thought I would ask.....
>
> 1) in the CVS list i see the abbreviation MFH... Can someone explain what
> that is?

Merge From HEAD.

> 2) I want to set a default page for user for the portal page.  The pref for
> that has
>
> $_prefs['portal_layout'] = array(
>     'value' => 'a:0:{}',
>
> Can someone explain to me what that value represents?

Serialized array of what to display on the page.

> Eventually I would like to set this value so that IMP and
> Turba
> summaries show up in the portal page so if anyone could provide an example,

I think what you want to do, to set the default to whatever you want, is
login as a user, set up the page as you want, then pull that entry from
the database and use it as the default pref.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!