[dev] New Links (Patch)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Feb 27 21:19:26 PST 2003

Quoting j.huinink at wanadoo.nl:

> There is also an improvement to linking in general. If a reverse link is
> not read-only you couldn't add a proper link when you tried to go
> backwards. The code now handles this correctly.

I'm looking at this now. You still have a lot of lines like this:

    $link_type = substr($link_type,0,-8);

... which goes against what we have in docs/CODING_STANDARDS (below). Your
patches will get applied much more quickly if you take care of little things
like this, so that we're not spending time looking over every line of the
patches.

Please don't take this as discouragement; your stuff has been some really
good additions to Horde and I hope it keeps coming. It's just reality that
the cleaner/closer to CODING_STANDARDS the code is, the quicker it'll get
committed.

------------------
[3] Function Calls
==================

Functions should be called with no spaces between the function name,
the opening parenthesis, and the first parameter; spaces between commas
and each parameter, and no space between the last parameter, the
closing parenthesis, and the semicolon. Here's an example:

  $var = foo($bar, $baz, $quux);

As displayed above, there should be one space on either side of an
equals sign used to assign the return value of a function to a
variable. In the case of a block of related assignments, more space
may be inserted to promote readability:

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>