[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/docs INSTALL

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 6 22:51:26 PST 2003

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn at horde.org>:

> Ironically, we had horde/docs/SECURITY and imp/docs/SECURITY in 1.2.x and
> 2.2.x respectively.

Ah, the irony...

> That's not to disagree; having them separate seems good to me.

The main advantages of having them separate are:

* People will see them, and maybe read them.
* I can make them more verbose if they are separate files than if they
  are inside the INSTALL doc...

Really it is the second reason I want to go for.  Rather than saying
"do this to be more secure" I want to include a discussion of why doing
it results in better security, etc.  It seems that doing so inside INSTALL
would not be appropriate.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics