[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: trean add.php trean/lib Bookmarks.php Trean.php trean/templates/add nocategories.inc

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Fri Mar 7 13:35:11 PST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:

> Not sure exactly how it affects what you added, but part of the point of
> the notification system is that you can jump pages and still keep
> messages - just push() the message before doing the redirect.

Hm; something is still not right.  The Trean scenario I'm working on is
when the browser uses add.php (action TREAN_ADD_CATEGORY) to add a new
category.  If that fails, it ->push()es a notification.  If I let it
redirect to browse.php after a failure, it won't display the notification
(I just added a missing ->notify() call to browse.php, which I thought was
it, but it didn't help).  If I make it stay within add.php after a failure
(that's how it is now in CVS), the ->notify() call further down will pop
the message as expected.

Trean is using a JavaScript popup to ask for the new category name, which
is a little different than other apps (like Turba) where you are using an
HTML web form.  Don't know if that could be getting in the way of the
design working properly.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html