[dev] ctype functions

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 10 08:25:33 PST 2003

Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:
> >
> > > according to the "editor's note" on
> > > http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.ctype.php
> > > ctypes should be prefered to regex, and some is_* functions.
> >
> > Yes, but only in HEAD as ctypes are not available in most php versions
> > until at least 4.2.
>
> actually 4.0.4, and enabled by default it 4.2. but in any case, was only
> looking
> for use in HEAD...
>
> m.

The "enabled by default" is what I was getting at. That means it isn't
in most binary builds until 4.2.  And a lot of people either use binary
builds, or use some more-or-less standard configuration parameters (how
many people building php know what ctype is anyway) so that I think the
majority of people running <4.2 won't have it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!