[dev] ctype functions

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 10 08:40:20 PST 2003

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > For other characters, ctype_* functions tend to be multibyte safe, so is
> > also nice compared to more traditional routines that are not multibyte
> > safe.  Another win.
>
> That's unfortunately not true.
>
> Jan.

Yeah, probably.  It at least tries to work with locales.  Whether it
supports multibyte locales appropriately I don't know, but given the
php history, I would guess it probably doesn't.  But at least it
tries to support locales, where as the more traditional routines don't,
and regex expressions people create and other tests usually don't.

So it is still a locale win, but not a multi-byte win...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!