[dev] random DB error

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 19 15:10:46 PST 2003

Quoting Eduardo Dominguez <lalo at teligens.com>:

> Using Horde from CVS, I am coding a small application. Every now and
> then I get a fatal database error:
>
> DB Error: connect failed:  [nativecode=Link to server lost, unable to
> reconnect]

No idea, but a guess, or at least something to check.

If you web server spawns X threads and uses persistent connections, but
your database only allows Y connections, where X >= Y, then you will
run into such problems (a new web server thread can't connect because
they are all in use).  If so, make sure Y > X+1, preferably Y > X+n
where n is some reasonable fudge factor.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!