[dev] Fwd: HEAD

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Mar 24 11:23:15 PST 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> 2.) For anyone who has read Eric Raymond's "The Cathedral and the
> Bazaar", one of the most important statments he makes about open source
> software is "release early and release often".

While this is a great idea in general, it's a lot easier when you're working
on a single piece of software with relatively stable dependancies. We,
unfortunately, have a pretty complicated base framework and then a bunch of
loosely-tied-together applications, all of which interrelate in complicated
ways.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of