Fwd: Re: [dev] Re: Horde Browser.lib

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 26 10:12:35 PST 2003

----- Forwarded message from sysop at heinospage.de -----
    Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:22:36 +0100
    From: Heinrich Wendel <sysop at heinospage.de>
 Subject: Re: [dev] Re: Horde Browser.lib
      To: chuck at horde.org

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 09:41, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 March 2003 10:49 pm, I found a post-it note on my monitor
> saying
>
> Jan Schneider said:
> > Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
> > >
> > > well.

> > > I'd be happy to throw together a package.xml and get Browser.php
> > > distributed
> > > at http://pear.horde.org/. Please respond to the dev list that I've
> > > what changes/cleanups you suggest.
> >
> > Btw, Net_User_Agent (http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=62) is
> > partly based on our Browser API.
>
> It would be better if you could extend this, because I think that having 2
> different APIs to find out about the user agent is excessive, unless they
> are *hugely* different.

I didn't find any lib for detecting the user agent in PEAR, so i wrote this
post. Of course it would be better to have only one. But I think the
Browser.lib in Horde is a better implentation of this use. It has detection
of robots and mobile clients and a better handling of the browser version, a
better feature detection. There are only some small things that are better in
Net_User_Agent, for example some features, which aren't in horde's lib and a
complexer detection of the operating system.

The cleanup is about the functions escapeJSCode, _acceptMIMEType, isViewable,
downloadUrl, downloadHeaders , i think they should be an extra lib.

(Can you please forward this to the horde-dev list, I'm not subscribed)

mfg, Heinrich :)

> I've also CC'd this to the PEAR dev list.
>
> Jon
>
> > Jan.
> >
> > --
> > http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> > http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge
> > http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of