[PEAR-DEV] Re: [dev] Re: Horde Browser.lib

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 26 10:28:22 PST 2003

Quoting Jon Wood <jon at jellybob.co.uk>:

> It would be better if you could extend this, because I think that having
> 2 different APIs to find out about the user agent is excessive, unless
> they are *hugely* different.

Sorry, I don't entirely follow. Are you suggesting that we should go and
rewrite our lib to extend the one in PEAR, just because it's there in PEAR,
despite it being similar to/seemingly based on our code, our code having
more features, and our code having been around for far longer?

That would just add overhead for people using Horde, and not much positive
that I can see...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of