[PEAR-DEV] Re: [dev] Re: Horde Browser.lib and Crypt_PGP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Mar 26 19:58:16 PST 2003

Quoting Martin Jansen <mj at php.net>:

> On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 17:55, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> > The PEAR community, however, seems to want control of the code instead.
> > Hopefully I'm wrong about this or it will change, but that is the
> > impression I keep getting every time I mention this.
>
> Actually I'm afraid that you're right, which is a pitty. *Personally*
> I'm very happy with the pear.horde.org approach and I think you should
> push this forward. I agree with you that there is absolutely no sense in
> ripping code out of Horde and putting it into PEAR. The disadvantages do
> exceed the advantages.

Hm, I don't think it would make much of a difference if we upload our
packages to pear.horde.org or pear.php.net. If the upload process to pear
can be streamlined (perhaps by using the pear cli instead of the web
interface), even better.

We need to get a seperate namespace for the Horde packages, but that
shouldn't be a big deal.

Jan.