[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: whups/lib Admin.php Create.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 26 23:23:29 PST 2003

Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:

> a couple of points came up whilst fixing these files...
> - maybe it could be useful having a setParams() type call (similar to
> setDefault()) to set up the params after an addVariable()?

I dunno. Maybe it would; can you say where/why/how?

> - would it be good to have a 'yesno' variable type, as it is being used
> repeatedly in a number of apps?

Probably wouldn't hurt.

> - would it be useful to having a setInvalidCondition() function as part
> of the variable class, which would have the variable set to invalid type
> based on a certain condition? something like:
>   $somevar = &$this->addVariable(..........);
>   $somevar->setInvalidCondition($foo < $bar, _("not enough foo"));
> could cut out quite a bit of code/complexity when setting up... but not
> sure if it would do anything about overhead? or maybe some other similar
> solution...

As far as I can tell it would *add* a lot of overhead, and I don't see that
it removes *that* much code.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of