[PEAR-DEV] Re: [dev] Re: Horde Browser.lib and Crypt_PGP

Damian Fernandez Sosa (DESC) damlists at cnba.uba.ar
Thu Mar 27 12:38:48 PST 2003

> > Is there an issue with doing the development of the packages in Horde
> > CVS, but then uploading the finished packages to pear.php.net, so that
> > they can be easily install with the pear installer?
>
> Only when people copy the code into the PEAR repository instead of helping
> us to package and upload it...

I think that the PEAR package Page must be changed to let the package developer
to choose an URL for CVS access (CVS via HTML) (or the default one ) and  The
description field can be used to describe the data needed to configure other CVS
rep. access

It's nice to have a CVS rep. in PEAR but the developper must choose where let
it's code development

I'd like to have the Crypt_PGP package in PEAR (without forking the code), but
there is a lot of Horde specific code in horde's pgp.php that must be removed to
allow this. I'm asking there should I write this discussion?

In the PEAR and HORDE lists?  only in HORDE?  Only to the Author ?

What is the best way to fucus in this problem? (making pgp.php PEAR compatible
without forking the code)
This is not simple because the original code uses a lot of HORDE:: specific
methods that I re-write to remove the dependency  (the creation of temp files
and dirs for example)

So.. Where sould I email this discussion?