[PEAR-DEV] Re: [dev] Re: Horde Browser.lib and Crypt_PGP

Damian Fernandez Sosa (DESC) damlists at cnba.uba.ar
Thu Mar 27 14:08:25 PST 2003

> > Personally, I'd like to see a base Horde:: package that provides the temp
> > files methods, etc. Rewriting the temp file methods, String:: methods,
> > etc.
> > for every single class is going to get tiresome - and also goes against
> > the
> > point of components in the first place.
>
> Agreed. The base Horde package should be a dependancy for all other Horde
> packages and should at least contain these two classes and perhaps the NLS
> class too.
> The problem with the latter is, that it partly depends on being in a web
> server environment, something that gave me headaches in the (cli)
> translation.php.

What about making pgp.php like this:

¨
pgp.php is a HORDE class that uses a library (instantiate an object) (which also
is a pear package but is included as HORDE includes its files to avoid the PEAR
package installation process  )

this library has _only_ pgp specific methods  (for example pgpPrettyKey() method
will be part of pgp.php and not of the library (pear package)

¨

so we can avoid the use of horde specific methods in the ¨PEAR¨ pgp package part

The only problematic method is Horde::createTempDir()

What do you think?