[PEAR-DEV] Re: [dev] Re: Horde Browser.lib and Crypt_PGP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Mar 27 17:38:11 PST 2003

> Quoting "Damian Fernandez Sosa (DESC)" <damlists at cnba.uba.ar>:
>
> > I'd like to have the Crypt_PGP package in PEAR (without forking the
> > code), but there is a lot of Horde specific code in horde's pgp.php
> that
> > must be removed to allow this. I'm asking there should I write this
> > discussion?
> >
> > In the PEAR and HORDE lists?  only in HORDE?  Only to the Author ?
>
> Here.
>
> Personally, I'd like to see a base Horde:: package that provides the temp
> files methods, etc. Rewriting the temp file methods, String:: methods,
> etc.
> for every single class is going to get tiresome - and also goes against
> the
> point of components in the first place.

Agreed. The base Horde package should be a dependancy for all other Horde
packages and should at least contain these two classes and perhaps the NLS
class too.
The problem with the latter is, that it partly depends on being in a web
server environment, something that gave me headaches in the (cli)
translation.php.

Jan.