[dev] Re: Application Permissions (was Re: appLinks() and Re:Aboutpermissions)

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Fri Mar 28 12:57:51 PST 2003

I wrote:

> "Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck at horde.org> wrote:
> > Quoting Jeroen Huinink <j.huinink at wanadoo.nl>:
> >
> > > I have also taken a look at the permission module in the
administration
> > > section and I feel that it is useless at the moment and furthermore it
is
> > > confusing.
> >
> > Well, gee. Guess we'll wait for you to show us the way, then.
>
> I meant to be helpfull and just gave my impression, but this could very
well
> be my lack of understanding. I'm sorry if I offended you or other
developer.
> This was not my intention.
>
> Anyway, sending ironic remarks doesn't help me understand what you tried
> do (in order for me to put something back in....).

Ah, I think I understood now why my initial remark triggered this ironic
comment. The point I made is with the link to Permissions in the menu. The
point is not with the perms.php page as such as it is used in e.g. Whups
(actually I think it is well structured page). As I see it, there just is no
need for the link to Permissions in the menu at the moment. This is what is
confusing things, not the page itself.

I hope this clears things up and helps to settle the dust.

Regards,
Jeroen