[dev] steps for committing new functionality

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 2 13:56:35 PST 2003

Quoting "amith at xalan.com" <amith at xalan.com>:

> Minimum Set of Requirements
> 1) Patch of all files changed using the command "cvs diff -u <files
> changed>"
> 2) Patches to help files (be more specific here about which files and
> where they
> are located) if patch effects UI or needs any additional configuration on
> the
> backend
> 3) Changes to docs/CHANGES
> 4) Anything else?
>
> Desired Set of Requirements
> 1) All of the Minimum Set
> 2) Patch for RELENG version (if applicable)
> 3) Anything else?

I don't think I see a need to *formalize* this at the current time, but if
we could transform some of this into a page on horde.org describing how to
go about contributing, that could be very useful.

Could you maybe rephrase this as a set of "basic" and "even better" desires
for how people submit patches/additions, and flesh out the wording a bit to
be more explanatory?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of