[dev] Notification push() 2nd parameter

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Apr 11 18:49:33 PDT 2003

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn at horde.org>:

> Do we have standards/descriptions of what the 2nd parameter to
> Notification push() should contain?  It looks syslog'ish;
>
> - should the element before the dot be the app. ("ingo.success") instead
>   of always using "horde.success" as many apps now do;

Not unless the app defines its own Notification_Listener subclass that
handles additional codes - see Kronolith.

> - is the element after the dot supposed to be a severity, are we
> intending to have a list of standardized or "encouraged" ones for
> consistency;

It's a category; the defined levels are horde.success, horde.error,
horde.warning, horde.message, and in Kronolith, kronolith.event and
kronolith.alarm. Look in horde/lib/Notification/Listener.php,
horde/lib/Notification/Listener/status.php, and
kronolith/lib/Notification/Listener/status.php.

> The PHPEdit stuff is nice.  :-)

If you can get it updated, that'd be great - it's pretty out of date at this
point.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of