[dev] Mandrake9.1/MySQL4 question

marioy at upb.edu.co marioy at upb.edu.co
Thu Apr 17 18:30:20 PDT 2003

Greetings.

Recently I updated my webmail servert from Mandrake 8.2 to 9.1 and I have seen
several issues.

- After I log in to horde, the menu takes a long time to load.
- The CPU usage of mysql has incresed, taking sometimes 90% of the cpu for a
period of 3 minutes.
- The number of threads of mysql has incresed to the point that top just show
mysql processs
- The overall speed of horde has diminished.

I have other php applications running on the server like phpMyAdmin and with
these those issues doesnt emerge.

Im runing horde-cvs from las week with imp, turba, kronolith, trean, vacation,
passwd, account, ,forwar chora and a custom made module.

Has anyone experienced this issues too?. Does anyone have any sugestions of
how to proceed on increasing mysql performance, limiting cpu usage and
improving horde starup times.

Regars