[dev] Remove Javascript

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Apr 22 14:09:19 PDT 2003

Zitat von Anthony Mills <amills at gascard.net>:

> So, I should check lib/Browser.php.
>
> It gets picked up as a Mozilla type browser.  I see where I can add the
> support for this browser.  What is the policy for features?  For
> example, if javascript is not set, do you ignore, offer alternative, or
> just leave it up to the developer?  I think I can get started with this.
>  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

It's left up to the developer. We try to make everything essential working
without javascript, but some more advanced features can only be realized
with some usability level with javascript.

> Anthony
>
> BTW  It is a T-Mobile Sidekick. Actually the simulator from Danger"
>  "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; AvantGo 3.2; ProxiNet; Danger hiptop 1.0)"
> I just love that every thing is "Mozilla".

You should take a look at the code from CVS (HEAD) where we already have
support for a wide range of mobile devides. Not this one iirc, but it would
be much easier to add one there.

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>
> >Zitat von Anthony Mills <amills at gascard.net>:
> >

> >>Is there a way to use themes to remove Javascript code?
> >>
> >>Could you change the code to not use Javascript based on the browser
> >>being used?
> >>

> >No, themes only affect CSS.
> >

> >>I have a browser I would like to use that has no support for
> Javascript.
> >>
> >>I can code around the problem, but I wanted to know if you already had
> >>plans for this sort of thing.
> >>

> >These cases should be caught by the Browser class detecting browsers
> that
> >don't support javascript. But I have the strong feeling that we are
> >checking this flag in fewer places than we should.
> >
> >Jan.
> >
> >--
> >http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> >http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge