[dev] shortcuts

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Apr 24 21:37:27 PDT 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> > I noticed that after my last update of Horde/Imp there was a change in
> > displaying the shortcuts in the menu, e.g.
> >
> > "Options" was displayed as: "Options" with O underlined
> > now it comes up like: "Options (O)"
>
> What charset are you using?  Do you have the experimental utf-8 support
> on?

Yes I do...

> > Is it possible to switch back to the old behavior? The new style consumes a
> > lot
> > of space in the menu and doesn't look very nice (personal opinion).
>
> Try the old style with big-5 charset and you will see why it was changed.
> It shouldn't affect English shortcuts unless you are using utf.

Unfortunately I'm using utf, because some messages encoded in big-5 (spam
however) caused my apache to start eating up memory, see:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=104418750216394&w=2

enabling utf-8 solved the problem....

> I'm open to ideas on the proper solution when utf-8 is used.

maybe just using the new style for big-5 ??

Didi

--
Didi Rieder
adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at